Frequently Asked Questions

What is the distribution of Snowfed?

The much-loved paper copy of the Snowfed is delivered to nearly 2,200 households from the Rakaia Gorge to Mayfield, Methven, the Foothills, Canterbury Plains, all the way to the west side of State Highway One,  to the edge of Ashburton and the surrounding districts. We also have a massive following on our website and Facebook. Are you following us? Like us on Facebook to get the latest issue.

When is the deadline for submitting editorials or advertisements?

Noon on Friday (if ads are print ready. If not, then Thursday noon), of the week prior to publication. (Late ads may be waitlisted)

What do I do if I have community news?

We are always keen to receive editorial contributions from our community. Topics can be varied. If you have a story and want us to write it please contact us. We do not charge for editorial contributions unless they contain a lot of advertising material. In this case we charge for the amount of advertising space included. We would like to hear community opinions about any topics such as farming, education, community organisations, and issues that affect you.

Sports results and club news- we happily print these and prefer them to be emailed to us as a Word document attached to an email. Attach any photos separately (ie do not lay them out on the Word Doc), on the same email as your Word doc text. Don't forget to include the names of the people in the photos.

How do I send editorials or adverts to Snowfed?

Email to

Classifieds can also be dropped in and paid for at Mount Hutt College office, Main Street in Methven by 10am Monday morning. Please prebook your large ad spaces by Friday noon of the week prior to publication.

If emailing your advert please send us the text as a Word doc. (we cannot open .odt or .dat files), Any logos or photos should be sent as separate attachments to your email- jpg, gif, tif etc. We happily design adverts for our customers for a small fee. Advertising specifications are under Advertising Rates on our Home Page.

How do I pay for my advertising?

Please ensure you have booked space for your advert by Friday noon. You can pay for classifieds at the Mount Hutt College office on Main Street (EFTPOS or cash) or online:

ASB 12-3271-0208229-00    
Please use your name in Particulars, Business Name in Details and type of advert as the reference.

Accounts can be set up for businesses who wish to advertise with us regularly.

Please download the 'Snowfed Rates' PDF on our Advertising Rates page to check the amount and include the design fee if applicable.

Unless you have an account with us, all advertising needs to be paid prior to printing.